- Educational Media Co. at Va. Tech, Inc. v. Swecker
On September 27, 2010, WLF filed a brief in the U.S. Supreme Court urging it to review, and ultimately overturn, a decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit that recently upheld the Commonwealth of Virginia’s controversial ban alcohol advertising in college student publications.
- Bigger Warning Label Requirements Disserve Canadian Consumers And Undermine Property Rights
By Cory L. Andrews, senior litigation counsel at the Washington Legal Foundation.
- Court Finds No Confusion In Trademark Dispute Involving Internet Search Engines
By Andrew Baum, a partner in the New York City office of the law firm Foley & Lardner LLP.
- FTC’s Conduct In Patent Settlement Inquiry Raises Issue On Subpoena Power
By Eric Grannon, a partner, and Meytal McCoy, an associate, both in the Washington, D.C. office of the law firm White & Case LLP.
From The Legal Pulse:
- DOJ Lawyers Still Blowing in the (Political) Wind on Federal Preemption – By Richard Samp.
- Supreme Court Cert Grants: FOIA, False Claims, Civil Procedure and the Return of Anna Nicole Smith – By Glenn Lammi
- Brief Video Offers Lessons Learned from FTC-Twitter Privacy Settlement – By The Legal Pulse
- Legal Experts Highlight Alleged FTC Abuse of Authority in WLF Paper – By The Legal Pulse