This WLF Litigation Division feature highlights WLF court and agency filings, as well as decisions issued in response to WLF’s filings. In this edition, we list July 2021 filings and results.
Click on the PDF button above for the full report.
- United States v. Facteau—WLF asks the First Circuit to reverse, on First Amendment grounds, the criminal convictions of two medical-device company executives under the FDCA.
- Mamani v. Berzain—WLF urges the Eleventh Circuit to overturn a $10 million jury award under the Torture Victim Protection Act.
- CVS Pharmacy Inc. v. Doe—The Supreme Court agrees to decide whether Rehabilitation Act allows disparate-impact claims.
- In re Letter Requesting Publication—The California Court of Appeal for the Fourth District declines to publish a recent opinion in an important products liability case.
- In re Rescission of 2015 FTC Statement on Unfair Methods of Competition—After allowing only six days for public comment, the FTC votes to rescind a 2015 statement providing clarity on “unfair methods of competition” under Section 5 of the FTC Act.