- Comments Sought On Australian Plain Packaging Proposal
By Tracy-Gene G. Durkin, a director with the law firm Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox P.L.L.C where she leads the trademark practice.
- Credits vs. Taxes: The Constitutional Effects On The Health Care Reform Debate
By Steven J. Willis, Professor of Law at the University of Florida Levin College Of Law, and Nakku Chung, a Member of the Florida Bar.
- EPA Seeks To Overturn Supreme Court Decisions Limiting Water Act Jurisdiction
By George J. Mannina, Jr., a partner in the law firm of Nossaman LLP and a member of the Land Use and Environment Practice Group.
- Pooshs v. Philip Morris USA Inc.
On May 5, 2011, the California Supreme Court revived a personal injury lawsuit that was filed more than 15 years after the plaintiff knew that she had suffered a serious injury and had reason to suspect that a product manufacturer was responsible….
- State of Florida v. U.S. Dep’t of Health & Human Servs.
On May 11, 2011, WLF filed a brief on behalf of thirteen legal scholars in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, urging it to affirm a lower court opinion declaring unconstitutional the mandate provision of the controversial federal…
From The Legal Pulse:
- Ninth Circuit Leaps Ahead of the Supremes on Jurisdiction Over Foriegn Companies – By Richard Samp
- More Pageantry from Politicians on Gas Prices – By Dan Popeo
- State Attorneys General Take (Gasp!) Logical Action on Youth Smoking
- The SEC’s Misguided New Mission: Foreign Government Regulatory Change-Agent – By Dan Popeo
- Even the Battles over Legal Reform Are Bigger in Texas – By Glenn Lammi