- Flomo v. Firestone Natural Rubber Co.
On April 6, 2011, WLF filed a brief in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, urging it to affirm summary judgment in a suit by activists seeking to hold a multinational corporation liable for alleged human rights violations in Liberia….
- Commonwealth of Va. v. Sebelius
On April 4, 2011, WLF filed a brief on behalf of fourteen legal scholars in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, urging it to affirm a lower court opinion declaring unconstitutional the mandate provision of the controversial federal…
- AEP v. Connecticut: Will The Supreme Court Make Defendants Do “Their Share” To Mitigate Global Climate Change?
By Mark W. DeLaquil, an associate with the law firm Baker & Hostetler LLP and David B. Rivkin, Jr., a partner at Baker & Hostetler LLP who co-chairs the firm’s Major Motions and Appellate Litigation team.
- Seventh Circuit Text Messaging Decision Undermines High Court Precedent
By Jason J. Mendro, an associate in the Washington office of the law firm Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP.
- Wilderness Society v. Forest Service: Ninth Circuit Finally Abandons Its “Federal Defendant” Rule
By Alison Suthers, an associate in the law firm Holland and Hart LLP’s Washington, D.C. office and William G. Myers III, a partner in the firm’s Boise office and a former Solicitor to the U.S. Department of Interior.
From The Legal Pulse:
- Australia Gets the Ball Rolling Down the Slippery Slope with Plain Packaging Mandate – By Cory Andrews
- Military Tribunals — Tragically Right on Trying of Terrorist Enemies – By Stephen Richer