POSITION: Director of Marketing & Communications
REPORTS TO: Constance Larcher, President and Chief Executive Officer
ABOUT WASHINGTON LEGAL FOUNDATION
For more than 40 years, Washington Legal Foundation (WLF) has served as the nationís premier public-interest law firm and policy center. WLFís mission is to protect and preserve Americaís free-enterprise system by litigating, publishing and advocating for a limited and accountable government, individual and business civil liberties, and the rule of law.
To-date, WLF has filed over 1,400 legal briefs in state, federal, and U.S. Supreme Court cases, submitted more than 840 comments to various state and federal administrative agencies, and prepared more than 2,500 legal studies publications. These briefs and publications are a key resource relied upon by our nationís decision-makers, which include the judiciary, government leaders, policy officials, attorneys, academic professors and the media.
The Director of Marketing & Communications contributes to every aspect of our fundraising and communications efforts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting letters and grant proposals
- Cultivating relationships with donors, press, and suppliers
- Implementing targeted outreach that showcases WLF’s advocacy efforts, utilizing the email platform Constant Contact
- Overseeing bi-weekly and quarterly mailings
- Formatting publications and marketing materials using Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign
- Managing Raiser’s Edge donor database
- Curating the WLF website
- Providing general administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer
- Working closely with the Director of Operations to fulfill any and all office needs
Candidates should be self-starters with excellent communication skills and a strong attention to detail. A Bachelorís degree with a minimum of three (3) years of experience working in development, marketing, or another related field is required. Past experience in fundraising and working with databases (particularly Raiserís Edge) is strongly preferred.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Constance Larcher, President and Chief Executive Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Applications submitted without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered.
Constance C. Larcher, President and Chief Executive Officer
Washington Legal Foundation
2009 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036
Posting Date: 5/14/2018